it's words!

Thursday, October 26, 2006

the following is an unpaid political advertisement

I'd just like to plug Roger Buchanan for state representative here. He's just a nice, good guy, and a smart fellow, who freely admits that he fully expects to get his ass kicked in this relatively conservative district. Maybe we can help narrow that margin a little bit and shoot for the moral victory. Like a I-AA team taking Ohio State to overtime.

Hm. "Crikeyes" (somebody reads this?! I should really edit more carefully...) points out that the Sunsilk voiceover is actually provided by the guy who gets to hang out with Kristin Davis all the time on "Sex and the City," which marks the second time I've mentioned that show here. (As an aside, I believe doctors recommend you perform a testicular self-exam, just to make sure you've still got everything, after three separate SATC posts, so I've still got another one to go.) Anyway, I sincerely apologize to any Jewish New York women I may have offended with my inadequate ear, since it turns out the offender is an Italian New York gay man. But I kind of like his character on the show, so maybe he can be allowed to live, and I'll just cover my ears and sing "La Marseillaise" at the top of my lungs, which I firmly believe is the more pleasant option for any innocent bystanders, when the commercial comes on.

Also, why would Sunsilk pay that guy when they could just get some unknown who sounds like him to do it for a whole lot cheaper?

Also also, does it completely prick the balloon of my faux-outrage if I admit that there is Sunsilk currently residing in my shower caddy? It wasn't my choice, and I didn't buy it, but I do use it. Am I going through hairapy? Do they charge for that?

All I want for Christmas is an infinite supply of free E-strings, or one that won't break, like Fflewddur Fflam's. I'd love to be able to say I'm referencing him from The Mabinogion, because that would sound much cooler, but no, definitely The Book of Three. Okay, it's a weakness, and it's not nice of you to make fun of me for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home