it's words!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

on nails-on-chalkboard advertising...

Two comments on the little five-second ads they run on the Wal-Mart CD scanners before they play the clips from the CDs.

1.) That Sunsilk "Get yourself some hairapy" bit. The voiceover woman sounds to me like she's supposed to be an assertive (read: annoying) Jewish woman from New York, although I may be mishearing my stereotypes. In any event, if you're in a death pool, you should throw her name on your list, because I'm pretty sure she's well under a hundred, and I'm also pretty sure she's going to die a horrible, violent, bloody, bloody, bloody death in a short time. Not that I'll have anything to do with it.

2.) Stayfree Ultra Max (I think): "Dry protection you can actually touch." ...but why would you WANT to?

*shudder*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home