it's words!

Monday, September 04, 2006

this is an apb

Who wants to go to the goddamn Astros-Phillies game tomorrow?

Roger Clemens. Cole Hamels. 3:05 start time. I mean, come ON.

(The above question is rhetorical.)

Possibly the best comic strip collection ever: The Boondocks, "Because I Know You Don't Read The Newspaper."

Observe: (Huey's prospective teacher and principal are chatting about the difficulties of having a black kid in class.)

Teacher: "I don't know anything about black people. What if I say the wrong thing? The school will get sued - I'll lose my job..."

Principal: "I'm way ahead of ya, John. I've already asked the board for emergency 'sensitivity training' funds. Not much, but it's a start."

T: "Sensitivity training?"

P: "I rented a bunch of movies from a video store in the city. They should give you a good exposure to black culture."

T: "'Menace II Society?' 'Shaft's Big Score!'? 'Dolemite'? 'The Mack'?

P: "Enjoy. Late fees are on you."

Next day's, continued:

T: "Do you think a movie named 'Booty Call' will really make me more racially sensitive, sir?"

P: "The black kid behind the counter said it was a classic. Look, we have 'Truck Turner,' 'B.A.P.S.,' 'Black Belt Jones' - all powerful portrayals of the black experience, according to that kid - and he should know. See here? Jim Kelly in 'Black Samurai.' I bet you didn't even know there were black samurai. You're learning already."

T: "Sir, was the kid behind the counter laughing when you rented these?"

P: "They're a naturally jovial people, John."

"They're a naturally jovial people." Brilliant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home